Parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives joining a family member present and settled in the UK or who is on the same occasion being admitted for settlement must hold entry clearance granted for that purpose.
The following requirements must be met by the dependent:
- must be 65 years of age and above
- the dependent must be living alone outside the UK in the most exceptional compassionate circumstances
- financial dependence on the family member in the UK
- there must be adequate accommodation for you in the UK
- the dependent can be maintained without recourse to public funds
NB: – Please note that there are additional requirements. Please contact us on 0191 3862 327 for an appointment to discuss your situation with one of our OISC approved advisors.